Is your team feeling a little unmotivated during this COVID-19 lockdown?
At Corporate Merchandise Australia, we understand these times have been tough so we want to support you are your team. That’s why we’ve compiled 5 tips to keep you motivated during lockdown.
Establish effective channels of communication
Where there are good employer-employee communications, employees will feel less isolated, more valued and have a clearer understanding of what is expected of them.
If employees are left feeling like they are on their own and unsupported, they are likely to become overwhelmed and this will undoubtedly impact negatively on the work they produce.
- Ensure your managers communicate effectively with those they supervise
- Encourage team meetings to take place virtually
- Provide junior staff with comprehensive feedback and support
- Communicate long-term plans to staff
- Publicise available resources and staff support options
Break it down
Set your short-term goals together and promote the shared purpose of the team. By chunking down your vision into smaller easily achievable sections, you allow your team to sufficiently see progress from start to finish.
Employees who go above and beyond their duty without being acknowledged for their achievements are likely to become disengaged and unmotivated. It is important that employers continue to praise employees for their work and recognise when an employee has achieved something special.
You can celebrate success by:
- Congratulating individuals during virtual team meetings
- Internally publicising good work, for example, on the intranet
Send them a care package
Many companies are sending their employees a branded wellness packages which is proven to boost morale and motivation as they feel appreciated for their hard work. We here at Corporate Merchandise Australia are the experts in promotional branded items and have plenty of customisable products to keep them covid safe like hand sanitiser and masks.
Check out our products for more items you can include in your wellness package.
Remember that it’s okay to not be okay
Some of your team may be handling things better than others. Lean into this by suggesting those who are okay help those who aren’t.
You should recognise that the shift to home working has been, and continues to be, a stressful experience for many. Lack of room at home, children interrupting Zoom calls, dogs barking over conference calls, whatever the reason, life now can be hard.
- Remind staff of any external resources which are available to them and think about whether other resources could be made available
- Provide counsellors or trained mental health first-aiders as a friendly ear
- Be flexible, to the extent that business needs allow, and understanding of individuals’ personal circumstances
If you need any help with branded merchandise, we here at Corporate Merchandise Australia are the experts for over 20 years and can help you with any of your branded needs.